The Sustainable Energy Authority of Ireland’s (SEAI) Better Energy schemes are Ireland’s national retrofit initiative aimed at upgrading building stock and facilities to high standards of energy efficiency and renewable energy usage, thereby reducing fossil fuel usage, energy costs and greenhouse emissions. As part of this initiative, SEAI launched the Better Energy Community and Area Based pilot schemes in 2012.
The SEAI BEC scheme’s key objectives are as follows:
- Achieve progress towards the 2020 National Sustainable Energy targets.
- Improve the thermal and electrical efficiencies of building stock and facilities, encourage the implementation of deeper and more technically / economically challenging measures.
- Provide cost effective and innovative partnership approaches to deliver sustainable energy projects of scale that will continue to build momentum within the community and region.
- Stimulate employment activity through labour intensive sustainable energy upgrading projects.
EnviroBead initially partnered with SEAI on the Better Energy schemes in 2012, and in the intervening years has remained a committed supporter of the BEC schemes, successfully completing numerous projects for a variety of clients.
Since the inception of the SEAI BEC scheme, EnviroBead has developed successful partnerships with SEAI, Utility Companies, Housing Associations, Charity Organisations, Community Based Organisations, Local Authorities and Private Industry.
EnviroBead with it’s extensive knowledge and expertise in the energy efficiency Industry, has a proven track record in successfully linking multiple partners together, to achieve financial support and match funding, to deliver projects of scale.
EnviroBead’s services to clients on the BEC scheme include:
- Project Management and Co-ordination from inception to completion
- Building surveys and Energy Audits
- System Design, Manufacture and Installation
- Project Costings
- Energy Credit sales
- Project Application Completion and Submission
- Project Supervisor Design Process (PSDP)
- Project Supervisor Construction Stage (PSCS)
- Quality Assurance
- Project Certification
- Monitoring and Verification
A sample of the Deep Retro Fit Energy Efficiency technologies installed:
- Cavity Wall & Attic Insulation
- External Wall Insulation & Internal Drylining
- Passive & Mechanical Ventilation
- Windows & Doors Upgrades
- High Efficiency Gas & Oil Boiler Upgrades
- Integrated Heating Controls
- High Efficiency Air to Water & Air to Air Heat Pumps
- Smart Metering & Web enabled Heating Controls
- Lighting Upgrades
- Heating, Ventilation & Air Conditioning (HVAC) Systems
- Solar Thermal Installations
- Photo Voltaic (PV) Solar Installations
To view some of our successful BEC projects, please visit our Case Study section.